Hello everyone. While I have been loving this series on my feed, I think my time with Tumblr has come to an end (for now). The FEED encompassed some of my favourite memories and extensions of blog posts that I wrote from my handheld device. I really enjoyed that medium and it will always hold a special place in my heart. However, my main blog has been speaking to me so much these last few weeks, I decided to take the plunge and start off this series again but I will keep up in a monthly consistency for this page.
1. Reese Witherspoon is the very definition of girl power here. What an inspiring speech.
2. Please excuse the profanity in this, despite the vulgar language, the sentiments I couldn't agree more with.
4. I often enjoy writing about things I have gone through, things that are considered taboo. This detailed recount about loving a toxic man, spoke to me on a deeply scarred level. An excerpt below is what I really identified with.
"The man I first met wasn’t him; it was who he wanted to be perceived as. He turned out to be nothing but a liar and a cheater. I constantly made excuses for him and disregarded his wrongs. I wanted him to so badly be the man he pretended to be that I was blind. And because of this, I made our relationship picture perfect on Instagram. I thought if I made it look perfect then it would be perfect. Because of him, I lied to everyone that asked me how we were. I lied because I thought if I lied about it enough it would be the truth. I deliberately chose to ignore all the signs because all I wanted to do was see the best in him."
8. Changing the narrative on male-masculinity is needed. I love this video and this actor from Jane The Virgin. FYI an amazing season.
9. I love Steve Erin, his philosophy and love for all species. Watching his son and daughter’s legacy through social media has been such a wonderful connection to him. Adding a dash of Kevin Hart in the mix makes it even better. A fantastic video a true must watch.
10. This man speaks wonderful truths that are typically never shared from a male perspective. Words I wished I had heard and learned years back.
12. THE perfect fall top here - of course, curtesy of Aritzia!
13. I FOUND MY PERFECT SOCK HEEL. After years of searching, voila! SO comfortable and practical. I can wear it every day without feeling pain but still looking classic and dressy.
14. I have been loving the creative side of makeup and eyeshadow. I have been using 35 Colour Warm Eyeshadow Palette + The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette for my most recent looks. If you enjoy makeup as much as I do, you can look through my "beauty" highlights on Instagram! P.S Morphe eyeshadows are the bomb if you are ever considering new palettes for a reasonable price (duty prices do get you sometimes) but worth it for the pigment, blend-a-bility, colours and variety!
15. Have you seen The Haunting of Hill House...if not, YOU MUST (DISCLAIMER: It is a horror show and best for people who enjoy this type of genre).