Welcome to my extensive, January favourites. It has been a while since I have continued onto my beloved series...and there is A LOT to catch you up on. I just wanted to give a special thank you for those who still read my blog. I know we are in a digital age consumed of podcasts, videography and Youtube videos (myself included), however, I have always been a lover of words. I thoroughly enjoy reading a book, writing and blogging. For me, I don't know if I could ever fully give up this practice, despite it not being an effective outreach tool. Although, I also am a lover of spoken word, which is why I have been thinking a lot about podcasts - seminars and programs of my own. We shall see what is in store for me, but nonetheless, the practice of writing is one I will never give up. So thank you, whoever you are, for reading along with my favourite muse.
Let's get started, I have so many favourites to share with you!
1. OKAY - down below are some of my favourite songs right now! Take a listen!
3. Gina Hatzis brings a perspective of a Greek "too much" woman - which I can completely relate to. I feel as though her words, can resonate with many women. Please watch this! It is so empowering.
4. I AM SO OBSESSED WITH ALIGN PANTS. I have for years - and to keep up with its love, I have to give them another shout out. They feel so stretchy, smooth and comfortable.
5. Slam poetry makes me very happy. Sarah Kay has been one of my favourites for years and years. I had almost forgotten about her way of words, if it hadn't been for Youtube suggestions, which showed me "The Type". The first video I had ever see was "If I Should Have A Daughter" and her Ted Talk is fantastic.
9. It is sad that we all know a story like this, but I feel was an important aspect to showcase in a television series to shine a light on the issue.
10. I AM OBSESSED with A&W's Beyond Burger. If you choose to opt out of the mayo - it is 100% vegan. I am not a vegan, but with much aid from various friends who have moved towards veganism, vegetarianism and plant based diets - I too have decided to broaden my pallet. I now make choices to incorporate more plants into my diet - why not try out different burgers too? If you are skeptical because you love meat - YOU must TRY THIS BURGER. It tastes exactly like meat!